14 May 2007

i wish



Liam and Malachy are really into the Mr. Men and Little Misses books at the moment! This would explain what he said to me on way to school this morning.


Liam: Mummy, you know if I could see one of those flowers that you blow now, I'd get it and blow it all away and then I'd make a wish!


Mummy: Well, keep your eyes peeled, there might be one around here somewhere.


[Thirty seconds later]


Liam: Mummy, mummy, look! Here's one!


Mummy: Great! Don't forget to make a wish!


Liam: Oh, oh, yeah... I wish...


Mummy: Stop, no! It should be a secret if you want it to come true!


Liam: [squinting eyes up tight and whispering] I wish there could be a Mister Man here now...!


[Mummy pretends she didn't hear at thing]


Liam: [looking all around] I can't see him!


Mummy: Can't see who?


Liam: The Mister Man in my wish!


Mummy: You wished for a Mister Man?


Liam: Yes! But he isn't here yet.


Mummy: That's probably because he knows he wouldn't be allowed into school.


Liam: Oh yeah. Or maybe it's because he's Mr. Forgetful and he forgot!

1 comment:

Louise said...

Gotta love what kids say!! What a sweetheart!

I should really be writing down some of the things my kids say....they grow up WAY too fast!!

Have a fantastic day!